From Lisa Day's Local Review - January 2009
More for the Foodie: This recipe comes from Patti Swanson, who is a master chef and
former owner of Cashmere Country Inn. I have made this lovely recipe over and over for friends, with grand reviews.
It is simple to prepare and yummy. Enjoy!
Lemon and Blue Cheese Chicken - Serves 6
- 3 ounces of Oregon blue cheese (about a heaping 1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 chicken breasts (3 whole breasts)
- 1/3 cup butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice, green onion, and lemon zest - set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the flour, salt, rosemary, and ground pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat each piece.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the coated chicken and saute until golden.
- Transfer the chicken to a greased baking dish and arrange skin side up.
- Spread the reserved sour cream mixture over the chicken.
- Bake until the mixture is nicely browned - approximately 35-40 minutes.