From Lisa Day's Local Review - February 2009
More for the Foodie: I received this recipe from Cheryl Dawes, who found it in
Cooking Light October 2002. I have made this many times, including with substitutions, and it is always well
received. Easy and yummy!
(Yields 8 one cup servings)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Pink Lady or other sweet apple
- 1 12 oz. package broccoli slaw
- 1 3 oz. package dried tart cherries (or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or almonds)
- To prepare vinaigrette: combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with whisk
- To prepare slaw: combine apples, broccoli, and dried cherries. Drizzle with vinaigrette.
Toss well. Sprinkle with nuts; chill up to 3 hours.
Send me your favorite recipe - firstname.lastname@example.org